What You May Need to Know
The majority of items sold by Bulkfoods.com are unaffected by high temperatures, but there are a handful of heat sensitive products that may melt during shipping, especially in hot summer months. Most locations throughout the U.S. do not experience high temperatures until the summer season, usually ranging from May - August; however, some Southern and Western States may be affected by higher temperatures beyond summer months, in particular: Florida, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Southern California.
Insulated Boxes hold 10 to 30lbs per box. Below is a brief guide of standard temperatures in which insulated boxes protect. Single Insulated Boxes are still possible to use on 3 - 4 day transit times depending upon the current temperatures. Protect Your Order By Adding an Insulated Box Here!
Single Insulated Box
- For 1 Day Transit - Protects up to 15°F higher in temperature
- For 2 Day Transit - Protects up to 10°F higher in temperature
Double Insulated Boxes
- For 1 Day Transit - Protects up to 20°F higher in temperature
- For 2 Day Transit - Protects up to 15°F higher in temperature
- For 3 Day Transit - Protects up to 10°F higher in temperature
The Bulkfoods Advantage
We use a custom propriatary sophisticated software system that is able to monitor shipments through the different areas of the U.S. ensuring that the different temperatures and times will result in no melting of products.
Other companies will require that your order be shipped via 2 day delivery, which can end up being pricey depending upon the destination of the package. We are able to ship out up to 4 day ground deliveries without the risk of having the items melt during transit. Pricing for Insulated Boxes just covers the materials needed to protect your order!
Communication and Flexibility
Our customer service team does an exceptional job of notifying customers of any order that would melt during shipping. Our team is able to provide flexible solutions to get your order delivered. Whether it is having your order put on hold until temperatures decrease, or adding an insulated box for your heat sensitive items, our team is able to offer the right solution for your needs.
We have been selling quality products for over 50+ years. Before the internet! Trust us, we know how to protect produsts from heat.
For larger orders over 250lbs. Delivers via Truck. Much more cost effective vs Refrigerated Truck. An Insulated Chest Protects pallet orders.
- For 1 Day Transit 200lbs- Protects up to 15°F higher in temperature
- For 1 Day Transit 450lbs- Protects up to 20°F higher in temperature
- For 2 Day Transit 250lbs - Protects up to 10°F higher in temperature
- For 2 Day Transit 300lbs - Protects up to 15°F higher in temperature
- For 3 Day Transit 300lbs - Protects up to 10°F higher in temperature
- For 3 Day Transit 350lbs - Protects up to 15°F higher in temperature
- For 3 Day Transit 550lbs - Protects up to 20°F higher in temperature
Product Melting Temperatures
Snack Mixes containing Chocolate or Yogurt
Sanded Lemon Drops
Coconut Almond Date Rolls
No heat restrictions when using a Refrigerated LTL. Controlled temperature shipping ensures product does not melt. Ships anywhere in the contigous 48 states
- Over 1000lbs - Ships Free
- Over 600lbs - $50-$100
- Over 300lbs - $100-$200
- Under 300lbs - $150-$300